Being a thought leader can pay big dividends for your business
We search out clients who want to be leaders in their respective industries. Sometimes, an organization has something important to say and wants to lead the discussion in their industry, their community or across Canada. First Principles works with clients who want to be thought leaders, helping to craft and place Op-Ed pieces in national and local newspapers, key magazines and industry publications.
When the topic might affect a wide enough audience, we also help clients get interviews on public affairs programs on television and radio.
The key to being a thought leader is to have a reasoned point of view about an emerging issue that hasn’t been widely covered.
- We help clients shape and refine the message they want to deliver.
- We sometimes write the piece for a client’s approval and sometimes we edit what the client has written to make it compelling for an editor.
- We contact editors on the Op-Ed page of newspapers or at trade publications to place the article.
- Often, we help a client distribute the published piece externally to customers, clients and other stakeholders, and internally to executives, managers and employees.
- We follow up with reporters to generate news coverage of the issue, leveraging the impact of a “think piece.”
It’s not enough to have something vital to say if you don’t have access to the editors who can put your ideas in front of readers. That’s what we provide: Access to the gatekeepers who will give exposure to your idea.